Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Isn't Life Grand!!!

So I am making dinner tonight, which is a huge deal lately, my poor family has been getting soup out of a can or chilli out of a can or pretty much anything they can scrounge up by themselves, so Ashley has been eating a lot of sandwiches, because she can pretty much make them by herself. So anyway I am making Clam chowder, a favorite in our family, dicing up the potatoes and onions and doing ok. Then I need to open the clams, twisting with a hand canopener, did ok on the first one but the second one jumps out of my hand and dumps lovely smelling clams and juice all over my rugs I have only had for a short time. I dont even know if this rug will fit into my washing machine. So I am trying to mop up this big stinky mess, with my huge belly in the way and my husbands helpful comments of "Are you ready for a live in cook now" Well yea I have wanted one of those for as long as I can remember. I got the clam chowder finished and it did taste really good, and I was able to freeze half of it so now I have one more meal ready for when the baby is born. Now I figure if its this much of a mess for me to try to cook right now I will just wait until after this baby is born to cook again! Yea a mini vacation from cooking.

1 comment:

Jami Steele Davis said...

I really think that there should be some rule that we don't have to cook while we are pregnant. Isn't growing a baby enough work? I think so!!!!