Monday, April 29, 2013

Un-Sung Hero!

We celebrate those men and women who leave their families to defend our freedoms, we celebrate those who run toward a bomb blast instead of away from it, and we celebrate great feats of endurance or courage! All of which are well worth our accolades, but what about those Mom's who give up time, sleep, personal goals, and go that extra mile to help their kids in this crazy ride we call life! Are they as courageous and brave as these other heroes?! When I look at my Mom, I say YES!

When I am at the end of my rope, barely hanging on, there is my Mom, tying another knot and giving me a boost to reach it!

For every daughter or son that got married, she is right there making a cake, or a dress, or planning the reception, or taking a pick up full of furniture for newlyweds! OR best of all booby trapping your new home!  For every baby born, she was there celebrating with us! For every family member added through marriage, she was there accepting and including them! Even when there is a family member we would like to hang by their toe nails, she is there defending, and looking at the point of view of the toe nail hanger.  She has attended every baby blessing, baptism, and graduation, of every grand kid. When a son graduates from basic, she drives 16 hours to be present. For every phone call at 2 AM of the panicked new mom, there was her patience and wisdom to calm the new mom! For that phone call freaking out because your kinder gardener came home with a 'new' concept that made you go...What the heck! How do I respond to THAT!? For every family dinner that needs made, she is right in the thick of things helping get it done!

For every emergency; from car wrecks to heart attacks, she is right there, calm, patient, strong, loving and kind!

So do I think she deserves the praise and accolades that other heroes receive?! Absolutely! Every bit!



2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Made me cry.... thank you.

Elizabeth said...

I love this! You are right!! I hope I can be for my kids what your mom's been for you :)