Saturday, February 6, 2010

My 'baby' is 11!!!

What to say about my oldest turning 11??? I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH FOR THIS!! But then again I just noticed (while I was looking through pictures to find the cake picture) that I am getting some pretty DEEP crows feet!!!

I had to post Shelby's cake because it was her brain child! She said 'Mom we should do a pet shop bowling on top of a cake since we are going bowling for my birthday' UH OK....how do we do THAT??

This is how we did THAT:
















Not bad for an amateur and an 11 year old! (dad stepped in to help too, when we couldn't decide how wide to make the bowling lane)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

very cute cake. looks like you figured it out. how did you make the bowling pins?

SophistiKate said...

So cute! Props on the cake :)

Lindsey said...

awesome cake! you're only as old as you feel . . . . .you're right, you're not old.

Chrissie said...

Cute, very cute! We all have to start somewhere......not bad for a kid and Shelby.

The Wolfley Family said...

I am seriously impressed with that cake. Happy B-day Shelby!

Jami Steele Davis said...

what a great cake!!!