Friday, October 17, 2008

I missed my computer!!!!!!!!!

I have been gone to Burley for the last 4 days......I missed my computer, I could go to my sisters and use hers but I didn't even have time for that. We are working on a big remodel over there, and I am Brian's unskilled laborer. So I got to scrape popcorn ceiling, take off wall paper (word to the wise NEVER EVER put these two things in your house!!!) and caulk holes and clean up!! I am actually enjoying it if you can imagine having fun while you work. Shelby said to me "Mom you and Dad should work together more often, you laugh and talk more!!" I couldn't help but laugh cause it was true, we were having a lot of fun working on the house. We even put Shelby to work, she was floor sweeper and hole caulker, she was having fun with that one. Where else can a kid learn construction during her school day? My wonderful sister and sweet niece had my other two little people a couple of the days, otherwise they just got to stay in the trailer and be bored. I am home for a few days and then back to it. So I will be going back and forth to Burley for the next month or so being Brian's little gofer!!! I will post pics when we complete it. It will be so pretty when we are done.

FEEDBACK LADIES: Do any of you struggle with lack of visual progress in your days? I finished scraping the popcorn ceiling this week looked at it and went mmmmm I can see my progress of the last couple days. Now don't get me wrong, I love being a Mom and seeing my girls progress when they learn something new or just do something nice without my input etc. But I guess I kinda miss the work world where you get a pat on the back for a job well done or can see your progress visually. So am I the only one or is this a normal struggle?

You all know this is just my way to get comments on my blog!!! :) Just Kidding!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I like seeing something get done every day. Unfortunately I don't always get to see the progress. Somedays I'm just mired in the mud all day long.

Amanda said...

I wonder that same thing

The Wolfley Family said...

I think that's why I have to make little crafts every once-in-awhile. I get to look at them and see them done and feel that tiny victory. Kids just take way too long to bake!

Rachel Chick said...

Hey! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It's always fun to see who's reading it out there! :) I'll have to start reading yours as well.

This post made me laugh. I totally know what you mean. I LOVE doing things where I can see a lot of progress. I actually was mentioning that to Nels last night -- how I love cleaning a really dirty floor and bathtub. :) LOL! I kind of think that something is wrong with me - but it sure gives me a high! :)